With Invisalign the dental moulds taken by the dentist are scanned into a computer. The computer makes a set of plastic retainers, called aligners, that gradually move the teeth into the desired position. It is important to wear the aligners 22 hours per day or they will not work. They should only be taken out while eating. It takes self-discipline to comply with the Invisalign regimen.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of Dr. Miles expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about two weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position Dr. Miles has prescribed.
- You’ll visit Dr. Miles about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Total treatment time averages 9 – 15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
- At the end of your treatment we will provide you with a series of complimentary Vivera custom retainers to ensure you can maintain your satisfied results for years to come.